Wazuh 4.7.5 read only user special permission

Emil David

Jun 15, 2024, 2:52:28 AMJun 15
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Team,
Please support for the below points.
  1. How to hide devtools/stackmanagent/other menus for readonly users?
  2. How to provide read/write/modify access only for dashboard and visualize for readonly user?
  3. Can we provide specific dashboard access for selective users? Eg: we have option in ELK - Different space and role creation.
Thanks

Manuel Alejandro Roldan Mella

Jun 24, 2024, 12:14:10 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Emil,

How to hide dev tools/stackmanagent/other menus for read-only users?

You can use Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) to customize user permissions and hide certain tools and menus for read-only users.

Follow these steps:

  • Log into the Wazuh dashboard as an administrator.
  • Go to Indexer management > Security > Internal users and create a new read-only user.
  • Navigate to Server Management> Security > Roles and create a custom role by duplicating an existing role and removing unnecessary permissions.
  • Assign the custom role to the read-only user.
  • More details can be found in the https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/user-administration/rbac.html
How do we provide read/write/modify access only for the dashboard and visualize for read-only users? To provide specific permissions:
Log into the Wazuh dashboard.
  • Go to Server Management> Security > Roles and create a new role with read/write/modify permissions only for the dashboard and visualizations.
  • Assign this custom role to the user.

Can we provide specific dashboard access for selective users? E.g., we have an option in ELK - Different space and role creation.

Yes,

  • In Wazuh-Dashboard, navigate to Management > Spaces to create a new space and configure permissions for the required users.
  • Go to Management > Security > Roles, create custom roles limiting access to specific dashboards, and assign these roles to the necessary users.

ismailctest C

Jul 2, 2024, 1:56:05 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 2
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi,
This option is not seeing in wazuh 4.7.5 , could you please help me on this?

Wazuh-Dashboard, navigate to Management > Spaces