WAZUH PORTS - FIREWALL

Atlas Atlas

Apr 1, 2023, 8:08:28 PM4/1/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello,

Please can someone help me. What ports to open in Firewall because i have a firewall and when i try to make it ANY ANY Wazuh works Good but when i try to open just 443 and 55000 Wazuh get down and tell me can not get API ?

Thank you

Adebayo Kalejaiye

Apr 2, 2023, 5:13:21 AM4/2/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello Atlas,

In order to integrate firewall with Wazuh, the firewall should be configured to send logs via Port 514 to Wazuh.  To further buttress how Wazuh integrates with network devices it can be configured to receive log events through remote syslog. or you can also configure Wazuh agent to forward the logs to a file which is then being read by Wazuh.

In addition, you can also check the guide here on port requirement by Wazuh.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Adebayo

Atlas Atlas

Apr 3, 2023, 9:48:09 AM4/3/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello,
i mean what to ports to open in Firewall to the internet to let WAZUH get updates vulnerabilities and API....
Because when i open just https and http WAZUH getting down.

Thanks

Adebayo Kalejaiye

Apr 14, 2023, 9:46:27 AM4/14/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello Atlas,

Please see the required ports in the documentation  https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/getting-started/architecture.html#required-ports for Wazuh to work effectively.  Also as regards vulnerability feed, you can check the documentation https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/capabilities/vulnerability-detection/offline-update.html for clarity.

I hope this helps

Best Regards,
Adebayo