Change IP on Wazuh-Manager 4.2.5, VMWARE OVA

已查看 4,708 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Reuben Gonzales

未读,
2021年12月16日 10:35:342021/12/16
收件人 Wazuh mailing list
Hello everyone. I've search the best I could and have not found a solution on my own. How can I change the Wazuh-Manager IP address? I want to move the manager to a different machine, but keep the same IP.

Again, this is the OVA VMWARE version

Thanks!

Julia Magán Rodríguez

未读,
2021年12月16日 12:48:562021/12/16
收件人 Wazuh mailing list

Hello,

If you are using the Wazuh OVA, which is based on CentOS, please follow the next steps:

1. Install net-tools if it isn’t installed yet:

yum install net-tools

2. Check your interfaces with ifconfig. In our case, we are going to modify the eth0 interface

3. Remove the IP:

ip addr del 192.168.7.43 dev eth0

4. Add the new IP:

ip addr add 192.168.7.40 dev eth0

Take in mind that if you power off or restart your virtual machine, the IP could change since it is using a bridge adapter that sets an IP from your network.

If you are using a different virtual machine with Wazuh installed in it, the steps would be the same, but you could make the IPs static following the next steps:

- If you are using CentOS:

1. Backup the original configuration file with the command:

sudo mv /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-NAME /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-NAME.bak

Where NAME is the name of your network interface.

2. Create a new configuration file with the following command:

sudo nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-NAME

Where NAME is the name of your network interface.

3. In that file, you can paste the content of the backup file and change the desired fields or paste the following:

TYPE="Ethernet"
BOOTPROTO="none"
NAME="NAME"
IPADDR="IP_ADDRESS"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY=GATEWAY
DEVICE="NAME"
ONBOOT="yes"
PEERDNS=no

Where:

  • NAME is the name of the network interface
  • IP_ADDRESS is the static IP address you want to apply to the interface
  • GATEWAY is the gateway address for your network

4. Save and close the file.

5. Restart the network manager with the command:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

- If you are using Ubuntu, I recommend you use netplan:

1. Backup the original configuration file with the command:

sudo mv /etc/netplan/CONF_FILE.yaml /etc/netplan/CONF_FILE.yaml.bak

Where CONF_FILE is the file that has the network configuration.

2. Create a new configuration file with the following command:

sudo nano /etc/netplan/CONF_FILE.yaml

Where CONF_FILE is the file that has the network configuration.

3. In that file, you can paste the content of the backup file and change the desired fields or paste the following:

---
network:
  version: 2
  renderer: networkd
  ethernets:
    NAME:
      addresses:
      - IP_ADDRESS/MASK

Where:

  • NAME is the name of the network interface
  • IP_ADDRESS/MASK is the static IP address you want to apply to the interface (for example: 192.168.7.40/24)

4. Apply the changes:

sudo netplan apply

Reuben Gonzales

未读,
2021年12月17日 15:32:432021/12/17
收件人 Wazuh mailing list
Thank you so much. This worked. Have a great day!
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子