Wazuh FIM

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 16, 2023, 5:13:12 AM3/16/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,

I can detect when i add file .doc or .png to diectory using FIM.
What type of file that Wazuh FIM support?
How can i solve my situation?

Best regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 16, 2023, 6:36:23 AM3/16/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Thank you for your using Wazuh

To answer your question, Wazuh monitors directories for changes to all types of files.

Just to clarify, are you saying you cannot detect .png and .doc files?

Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards.

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 16, 2023, 7:17:37 AM3/16/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Yes, I can't detect those types file .png and .doc .docx.
I don't test all of file type but i tried with .png and .doc, FIM detect false and no alert trigger.

Best Regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 16, 2023, 7:27:32 AM3/16/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Please can you share the FIM configuration you are using ?

Best Regards

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 16, 2023, 7:42:26 AM3/16/23
to Wazuh mailing list

Hi,

It's my configuration in my ossec.conf

Screenshot 2023-03-16 184158.png

Best Regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 16, 2023, 9:04:16 AM3/16/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

I noticed there is error in your configuration

From what you have, this is showing as  <directories check all ="yes" whodata="yes" report_changes="yes"> however it should be <directories check_all ="yes" whodata="yes" report_changes="yes">

Please effect the changes, restart the agent and manager.

I will be expecting your feedback.

Best Regards
Best Regards

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 16, 2023, 12:43:57 PM3/16/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,
Screenshot 2023-03-16 234120.png
I fixed it but not work. I add new image file to folder use FIM and no alert trigger.
Screenshot 2023-03-16 234247.png

Screenshot 2023-03-16 234306.png

Best Regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 16, 2023, 7:25:59 PM3/16/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Please can you try <directories check_all="yes" realtime="yes"> and provide feedback

Best Regards

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 16, 2023, 9:46:42 PM3/16/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,

I changed file config as you recommended but it's still not work.
I added some image file and doc file, no alert trigger.

Best Regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 17, 2023, 9:35:34 AM3/17/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

My sincere apologies for the delayed response

I am currently investigating internally why you cannot detect .jpg files on your endpoint

I will provide feedback once I have further information.

Best regards

Anthony Faruna

Mar 17, 2023, 12:45:07 PM3/17/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Thank you for your patience

To resolve the issue of FIM, not detecting jpg files as you noted, you have to remove it from the list of files ignored in the ossec.conf configuration on the endpoint. The default configuration within the syscheck block is <ignore type="sregex">.log$|.htm$|.jpg$|.png$|.chm$|.pnf$|.evtx$</ignore>

However to enable FIM detect the jpg file, edit the configuration to look like <ignore type="sregex">.log$|.htm$|.png$|.chm$|.pnf$|.evtx$</ignore>

As you can see below, after removing jpg, FIM could detect the jpeg image

image.png

Please let me know if you have further query

Best Regards

Maxim Parpaley

Mar 17, 2023, 10:56:04 PM3/17/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,

Thanks, it work with image but still not work with file .doc.

Best Regards,

Anthony Faruna

Mar 24, 2023, 7:16:13 AM3/24/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

My sincere apologies for the delayed response

I tried monitoring a .doc file in my lab and FIM detected  it as shown in the screenshot
image.png

Please can you let me know which type of .doc you are trying to monitor that it\s not working

Best Regards

Anthony Faruna

Mar 29, 2023, 5:06:32 AM3/29/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Did you have time to check this out and confirm if you can monitor .doc files in your environment now ?

I will be expecting your feedback

Best Regards
Message has been deleted

Anthony Faruna

Mar 30, 2023, 6:15:54 AM3/30/23
to Maxim Parpaley, Wazuh mailing list
Hello Maxim

Thank you for the feedback

Please can you send me the syscheck configuration  block within you ossec.conf

Best Regards

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 10:26 AM Maxim Parpaley <demai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I installed wazuh-agent on other Windows computer and it's work but on my computer it's not work.
Both computer with the same version of Windows OS.

Best Regrads,