Map layers

Adam Ro

Sep 1, 2021, 3:58:40 PM9/1/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,

I can't seem to find where to add map layers anymore. The two map options under visualization don't seem to show it. Am i missing something?

Cheers
Adam

Emiliano Zorn

Sep 8, 2021, 5:08:58 PM9/8/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello adam!

Can you explain to me well where you are not getting to see this? Do you have a screenshot to show me?
Any kind of details is welcome.

I look forward to your answer!

Regards

Adam Ro

Sep 10, 2021, 11:56:46 AM9/10/21
to Wazuh mailing list
HI,
I can either select region or coordinate map and when i do i get this, however, i can't find layers anywhere.

Emiliano Zorn

Sep 16, 2021, 11:43:05 AM9/16/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi adam!

Does the error appear once you have selected the type of display you want?

I can't understand what your problem is, or at what point you have the error.

To create a visualization, you can do it from "Create new visualization" in Kibana, once you select this, you can find the options "Heat Map", "Region Map" and "Coordinate Map".

Once you select any of them, you must choose which index you are going to work on.
If you can insert a screenshot of the problem, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Emiliano Zorn.

Adam Ro

Sep 17, 2021, 4:16:53 AM9/17/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,
I can select coordinate map, then select my index and the page displays, what i can't do from that page is to Add Layer, i can't see it anywhere anymore.
Screenshot from 2021-09-17 09-13-55.png

And there's this message appearing on any of the map options i select, coordinate, heat or region.

Thank you for your time.
Adam

Emiliano Zorn

Sep 17, 2021, 7:05:05 PM9/17/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Adam!

Thanks for your screenshot.
Can you specify which version of Elastic and Kibana you are using?

Adam Ro

Sep 20, 2021, 3:21:40 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi.,
7.10.2 for both from what i can see.

Cheers
Adam

Emiliano Zorn

Sep 21, 2021, 6:30:36 PM9/21/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Adam!

Thank you for your patience.

The option you are looking for is only possible in Elastic License 2.0, and is not available for ODFE.

As the message says, with Maps, you can add multiple layers and indexes, plot individual documents, symbolize features from data values, add heat maps, grids and clusters, and much more. To get Maps, upgrade to the default distribution of Elasticsearch and Kibana.

It also informs that from version 8.0 "Coordinate Map" will be migrated to Maps, a package usable only with licensed Elastic.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Emiliano Zorn.