filebeat failing

Manohar Marandi

Sep 22, 2021, 10:14:13 AM9/22/21
to Wazuh mailing list
can anybody please explain me why my filebeat is failing.
i am trying to monitor google cloud,
only 1 module "googlecloud" is enabled in  filebebat modules.d
Screenshot_20210922_193752.png
Screenshot_20210922_193528.png
Screenshot_20210922_193708.png

Maximiliano Ibarra

Sep 23, 2021, 7:32:08 AM9/23/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Manohar. Thanks for contact us.
In order to help you with your issue. Can you tell me how your environment is composed? And what versions do you have?
We need to find more information about your problem.
Please, check your filebeat logs with the following commands and paste the responses here.
  • journalctl -u filebeat --no-pager
  • filebeat test output

Thanks. I looking forward to your reply.

Manohar Marandi

Sep 24, 2021, 2:32:29 AM9/24/21
to Wazuh mailing list
i have installed Wazuh and Open Distro for Elasticsearch components in an all-in-one deployment (step by step installation) of current version 4.2.
filebeat logs response is attached with this.

filebeat2.png
filebeat1.png

Franco Charriol

Oct 1, 2021, 7:58:17 PM10/1/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Manohar, sorry for the late response.
Were you able to solve this problem?

The error seems to be that Filebeat cant find the googlecolud module configuration in the path `/usr/share/filebeat/module/googlecloud`
error filebeat.png

you could try change this line in your filebeat.yml with the absolute path
filebeat.config.modules.path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml

or moving the module to the path that filebeat are looking for

please let me know if this was helpful
best