Same Conversation

Stefan

Jan 22, 2015, 8:20:28 PM1/22/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1qyKNUNCZI

Two guys learning Lithuanian, while everybody around them (in Lithuania) keeps talking to them in English. So they have a time every day where they speak Lithuanian with each other, mostly about the same topics, building on that.

I'm currently learning Cantonese, and had not much success with Cantonese native speakers either, now I have a Korean flatmate that is also learning Cantonese, and we do at least one session every day where we speak only in Canto.

The difference seems to be that native speakers won't have a motivation to use their language, because it will just slow down communication. But with two learners, both get immediate benefits. Keep that in mind when choosing a new roommate in a country whose language you're learning :)