Epic WAYK trailers are epic

Joel Thomas

Feb 8, 2014, 7:30:49 PM2/8/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Anybody seen these stirring masterpieces? I can't decide if they're genius or hilarious. Or both.

Benjamin Barrett

Feb 8, 2014, 7:45:30 PM2/8/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
I love it!

Wikipedia gives Pit River as a language of California (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achumawi_language).

I made a quick entry on the wiki at http://wiki.whereareyourkeys.org/Pit_River with a link to the video. I also saw Paul Cason posted a video of Unangam, so I e-mailed someone I know who works with that.

Ben Barrett
La Conner, WA

Benjamin Barrett

Feb 8, 2014, 7:51:02 PM2/8/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
BTW, I just saw that one of the YouTube videos on Unangam on the Wiki no longer exists (http://wiki.whereareyourkeys.org/Unangam_Tunuu). Assuming it once did exist, that's too bad. I suppose it would be unethical to keep a video if the owner takes it down.

Jay Bazuzi

Feb 10, 2014, 3:25:15 PM2/10/14
to wayk
Definitely both!

In the second video, at 0m40s, I see an archetype of WAYK: the middle-aged woman sitting silent and still, holding a notebook. I think this group is underserved (but not undeserved!) by WAYK as it stands today. When someone addresses that group's needs, WAYK will take a major leap forward.

-J

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Joel Thomas <joel.th...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anybody seen these stirring masterpieces? I can't decide if they're genius or hilarious. Or both.

:: You are subscribed to the "Where are Your Keys?" Google Group. http://groups.google.com/group/wayk

Stefan

Feb 10, 2014, 7:07:06 PM2/10/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
any chances to get the full movie? :) I might have the chance to do bigger groups soon, and getting some exposure how other people do groups of more than let's say 8 people would be really helpful.

Donna Clark

Mar 16, 2015, 2:46:38 PM3/16/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

I just found this group and was going through the posts when I came across yours.  Could you please explain what you mean by "underserved"?  We are about to kick off our first WAYK training and I want to ensure that we take the major leap forward.  Also, I was very impressed by the aforementioned trailers that were produced.  The young man that created them is very talented and I believe that he will go far if continues along this path.

Donna

Evan Gardner

Mar 16, 2015, 5:01:01 PM3/16/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
I agree.

That is certainly a type of learner that WAYK lacks TQ's to serve.

I think it is one of those things where we haven't figured out how to help everyone. We've figured out how to help a lot of people and in a crowd I think it becomes easier to see who we are missing.

Sent from my iPhone