Wavedrom with libreoffice

Faby Malatok

Sep 12, 2018, 7:15:35 AM9/12/18
to WaveDrom

Wavedrom is a fantastic diagram renderer . I'm using it with the wavedrom editor to generate png or svg diagram.

But it's difficult to use it under libreoffice because I have to manage to separate files (one for libreoffice document and one for textual source of wavedrom diagram).

I wonder if there are solutions/plugin for embedding wavedrom into a libreoffice document ?

Thanks,

Fabien M

Krispy

Jun 17, 2019, 8:05:32 PM6/17/19
to WaveDrom
This applies to Word also.

Edit your diagram with the online editor, then click on the expand URL. Copy the URL.

In the caption for your diagram, insert a hyperlink and paste in the URL. Now you can follow the hyperlink to open up the editor with the exact waveform.

Each time you edit you will have to manually update the URL and download and insert the PNG, but no need for separate files.

Fabien Marteau

Jun 18, 2019, 1:11:15 AM6/18/19
to wave...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Krispy,

That is an interesting hack. I will use it.

Martoni