Diaspora Bank

Maroussia Mbaye

Nov 29, 2011, 4:44:22 AM11/29/11
to Watu Afrika
Eventhough this is quite a brilliant idea it is a stolen one the
initial mission statement, business plan and genius idea was developed
by former senior Economist at the African Development Bank Mr. Sanou
Mbaye.
Shame that instead of trying to unite you steal ideas!!!!! repetiton
of Africa's past, how will we ever evolve if our mentality stays the
same..you should be ashamed!!!!!!

Ian Bentley

Nov 29, 2011, 6:06:38 AM11/29/11
to Watu Afrika
Dear Maroussia

If you are referring to the Diaspora Bank concept ... I came up with
the basic concept in response to some challenges posed by members of
the group "Africa - All things Business" on LinkedIn. Some people got
excited about the idea at the time and we collectively decided to see
if we could take it further.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=56849&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

I then refined it with input from a the members of the "Diaspora Bank"
sub-group. Unfortunately I have not had the means to take it further
as yet.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3662892&trk=hb_side_g

The concept evolved over a period of months ... as can be clearly seen
by visiting the group

If someone else came up with a similar idea it is certainly the first
time I (or anyone involved in the Group of Sup-Group) have been made
aware of it. I would certainly be interested to look at the concept
that you say Mr Sanou Mbaye has developed. Please ask him to contact
me on falcon...@yahoo.com

Thank you
Ian Falcon Bentley

On Nov 29, 11:44 am, Maroussia Mbaye <maroussia.mb...@googlemail.com>

Multitude AllOf Us

Nov 29, 2011, 11:17:13 PM11/29/11
to Ian Bentley, marouss...@googlemail.com, Watu Afrika
Maroussia, can you prove your accusations?

Ian Bentley provided some links to the original work. I collaborated with Ian during the period he developed the Diaspora Bank idea. In fact, other people also contributed to it, and I saw it evolving over a period of time.

I would like to see some proof from your part.

Please show some diligence before calling people names.

Tiberius (t!b!)

All Of Us

Home     Blog     Forum    Twitter     Facebook

Multitude AllOf Us

Dec 1, 2011, 7:05:15 PM12/1/11
to Maroussia Mbaye, Watu Afrika, Ian Bentley
Maroussia,

It seams that this post was written on 2010/01/05.
Can you demonstrate that the Diaspora Bank idea predated this post?
The papers cited at the end of this post don't describe this idea in particular.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Maroussia Mbaye <marouss...@googlemail.com> wrote:
FYI

Project, business paln and support from numerous coountries as well as the development of the ADIB dates back to 2008-2009.

When did you first come of with the idea exactly?

Thank you

Best

Maroussia

Multitude AllOf Us

Dec 1, 2011, 7:11:16 PM12/1/11
to Maroussia Mbaye, Watu Afrika, Ian Bentley
The Diaspora Bank page on Watu Africa was made on Oct 28, 2010 1:28 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/the-project/diaspora-bank

Apparently, the post Maroussia refers to was made earlier
http://smbaye.info/en/2010/01/05/project-proposal-creation-of-the-african-diaspora-investment-bank-adib/1289

Multitude AllOf Us

Dec 1, 2011, 7:24:11 PM12/1/11
to Maroussia Mbaye, Watu Afrika, Ian Bentley
All right, the concepts look similar, but are NOT the same.

Many discoveries have emerged in different locations in the past, without informational connection between them, only because they seam to be logical answers to a common problem.

I don't believe in "intellectual property", in fact I oppose it. No idea can be claimed as belonging to a single individual, because ideas cannot exist in a vacuum. Ideas emerge on other ideas, which are not ours.

If it is true that the a version of the Diaspora Bank concept was described in detail by someone else we should respect that, mention this individual in our writings, and provide access (a link for example) to the content.

This is NOT a matter of competition, we are in the business of improving our world. We should collaborate!

Maroussia, I am certain you can find originality in our own work. Please feel free to use it as you see fit.
If you have other questions or recommendation we are pleased to assist.

We are open for collaboration  : )

Tiberius