Action Builder

rajagopal...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2019, 2:29:07 AM4/3/19
to Watir General
hi, Is there any WATIR module is defined to use ActionBuilder. For an example, How can I do the following code in WATIR?

driver.action.click(element).perform

Any WATIR way of performing the above operation?

Justin Ko

Apr 3, 2019, 12:15:27 PM4/3/19
to Watir General
There is nothing directly provided for working with the ActionBuilder. If you need to call the ActionBuilder, you will need to access the Selenium::WebDriver and convert the Watir::Element using #wd - eg:

browser.driver.action.click(your_watir_element.wd).perform

Note that there are methods that use the ActionBuilder under the covers - eg #click with modifiers. Ideally we'd write methods for things that need the ActionBuilder (ie no need to call it directly), so let us know if there are common methods you need.

Justin

rajagopalan madasami

Apr 3, 2019, 12:25:43 PM4/3/19
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Thanks. I am aware of click with modifiers uses action builder under the hood. My requirement is, I am automating a new application in which to choose the option, I need to click the select list and the option would appear like any other select list and the I have to click the option . This is the way selection can be performed . The problem here is I can use WATIR click for select list but then when I click the option using WATIT/SELENIUM click its not choosing the option but If I click that option using action builder then it's choosing the option. Do you have any idea why this happens? And also how does this action builder click differ from selenium click?

Before posting, please read https://github.com/watir/watir_meta/wiki/Guidelines-for-Posting-to-Watir-General-Google-Group.
In short: search before you ask, be nice.

watir-...@googlegroups.com
watir-genera...@googlegroups.com
---

Justin Ko

rajagopal...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2019, 5:28:56 AM4/5/19
to Watir General
No I don't know what library is being used to create this selectlist. Options are coming into existence when I click that select_list(so it doesn't exist in the HTML page until I click select_list).