Watij, WebSpec and SSL Authentication

Genexodus

Oct 17, 2012, 10:13:44 PM10/17/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So a little back story before I get to my problem at hand. A company that I am employed by is looking at different types of automation tools. Having a background in Object Oriented Programming, I took the opportunity to see what Watij is all about.
However I do seem to have a problem getting WebSpec to run perfectly. I can open windows and navigate around, tinkering so to speak. I have no problems with the commands nor the syntax. What seems to be my problem is that now it has come time to begin working on my application. Said application authenticates through HTTPS. Meaning that when the Url is input it takes one to the login Page, MY PROBLEM

after inputting the credentials and clicking enter to validate through into the application, I receive a 404 error. The webspec java container that is running the programming seems to not be able to handle the authentication....

I have been doing some very extensive research over the past couple of weeks to see if there is some type of work around. So far without any luck. Is there anybody out there who has seen this, or maybe not even seen it but could explain to me if it is not possible, or what may be going wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help, or thoughts on the subject!