getting started with the API

orcsol

Feb 10, 2014, 3:08:54 AM2/10/14
to watch...@googlegroups.com
HI, I am new to Watchmaker framework and interested to build a most basic genetic algorithm solver for tsp to understand how it works and further explore. I have a distance matrix of cities already where each element would be the distance between the city of rowth index and city of column index (diagonal elements will be zero as it will be distance between same cities). I would like to generate few hundreds of initial population, calculate fitness function, take two of best that yields min of fitness function, produce children and so on..  (the basic routine)

My question is,

is my distance matrix enough to be fed as initial population? is it in correct format?
which objects should I use for generating initial population?

Technology: Netbeans 7.4 on Ubuntu 12.10 running OpenJDK 1.7 . Planning to add the jar file in the library of my project . Input file (distance matrix) in csv form . Right now, I am merely curious to see the output of generating initial population.

I've not used Java API extensively so correct me if I have asked anything wrong.

orcsol

Feb 13, 2014, 6:00:40 AM2/13/14
to watch...@googlegroups.com
hello? anybody? no responses even in stackoverflow either..

Daniel Dyer

Feb 13, 2014, 6:19:13 AM2/13/14
to watch...@googlegroups.com, orcsol
On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:00:40 -0000, orcsol <pknar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello? anybody? no responses even in stackoverflow either..

Hi, I saw your message yesterday but I didn't have time to answer. I've
just posted an answer to your question on Stack Overflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/a/21752668/5171).

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer