Problem with "TextEdit" on Mac

arash afshar

Apr 16, 2015, 9:31:45 PM4/16/15
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
I see the following behaviour in TextEdit (mac os x's default text editor):
I open the file "a.txt", write in it, and save it. Here is the sequence of the events that I receive in watchdog:

on_modified './a.txt'
on_created './a.txt'
on_moved  './a.txt'  to  './a.txt.sb-4b7899e1-FtIVeh'
on_modified <parent folder>
on_deleted './a.txt.sb-4b7899e1-FtIVeh'

in my code, if I follow these events, it results in deletion of a.txt (the original file) and its temporary file.

Is watchdog missing some events?
Also, any idea on how to properly handle such situations?

arash afshar

Apr 16, 2015, 9:35:00 PM4/16/15
to watchdo...@googlegroups.com
by the way, I am on the latest version of mac (yosemite), I am using python 2.7 and watchdog version 0.8.3