Cross-Platform Watchdog Use and Graceful Degradation

Evan Mattiza

Nov 11, 2016, 9:00:16 PM11/11/16
to watchdog-python
All:

Noticed some notes here about detecting platform and switching the observer to use based on this. W.R.T to the Windows API identification, would using the platform import and it's methods be enough to handle this logic? Same goes for the Darwin. I'd be happy to write up some changes and tests for this behavior if this sounds like a decent solution. Would there be any dependency issues (python version?) in using platform? Would anyone be willing to test the behavior on BSD, Windows, OSX devices to verify functionality? I've only got a Linux and Windows machine to test against and would like to have a Mac User's input.

Thanks,