Show the (windows)username of the person editing the file

ChristianG

Jul 19, 2017, 3:12:00 AM7/19/17
to watchdog-python

I use watchdog to monitor a windows file share in my local network (example: \\fileserver\public\Agreements).

I want to be able to see which of my users are making the file changes, which as far as I know watchdog can not do as it is today.

(getpass.getuser() and os.getenv('username') will only return the username which are running the console.)

I have searched a lot around this topic and found these post (C#):

http://vbcity.com/forums/p/133307/698930.aspx#698930 ,
https://stackoverflow.com/a/23263990/5088342

Is there any way to implement this function with watchdog?