Fwd: nonplastic plastic

1 view

Lyn Larson

Sep 18, 2020, 3:28:19 PM9/18/20
to Waste Prevention Action Team, Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
A friend sent me this...just passing it forward! Something to keep an eye on. I really think the work needs to ramp up on forcing manufacturers to stop making ANY product that can't be totally recycled, every component. We're out of time to be politely banning plastic straws!

Lyn

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:01:36 PM
Subject: nonplastic plastic

Did anyone see this news? After 15 years of research, scientists
have come up with a way to make completely biodegradable
microplastic, edible even, out of peas. They say it can be made with
almost any vegetable
protein.
https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=155507082
It's called single-use plastic, currently limited to fragrance
micro-capsules found in personal and home care products (who knew that?)

Corn plastic has biodegradation problems and some people with celiac
disease can be seriously impacted, but it sounds like this product
overcomes those issues. If so, the oil mafia will surely assassinate
the entire research term and destroy all their research, but hey....
in the meantime, we can dream can't we?

C.