Host functions in C

Marco Bambini

Jan 11, 2023, 7:12:18 AM1/11/23
to Wasmedge
Hello,

We are developing a cloud distributed database and I'd like to add our users the ability to extends the SQL functions with WasmEdge. I know that it is possibile to register some host functions and I am looking for a C SDK.

Anyone can help me so I can start developing some test code?

Thanks,
Marco Bambini
SQLite Cloud, Inc.

Hung-Ying Tai

Jan 11, 2023, 11:21:56 AM1/11/23
to Wasmedge
Hi,

Here is the introduction about how to write host functions, get them registered, and interact with them. https://wasmedge.org/book/en/sdk/c/hostfunction.html
Please let me know if you need any help.

Happy Coding,
hydai

Marco Bambini

Jun 29, 2023, 6:03:11 AM6/29/23
to Wasmedge
Thanks for the link.

I'd like to understand better how to pass non-integer parameters to a WASM function.
All the examples have int parameters and return an int that perfectly fits into WASM-supported types.

What about pointers?
Is there a standard way to deal with non-int/float types?

Thanks,
Marco