WasmEdge LFX Mentorship Coding Challenge

Vivian Hu

Aug 20, 2021, 3:28:44 AM8/20/21
to Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan
Hello,
Thank you very much for your LFX mentee application for the WasmEdge project! Since our projects require C++ programming skills, we'd like to ask you to complete a quick coding challenge to fork, make a small change to WasmEdge's open source code base, and then build it into a binary release. Please see details here:
Again we appreciate your application, and look forward to working with you on CNCF open-source projects!
Cheers,
The WasmEdge team

Fast, safe, portable & serverless Rust functions in Node.js

Ashutosh Sharma

Aug 20, 2021, 3:37:29 AM8/20/21
to Vivian Hu, Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan
Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I am working on the challenge.

Thanks and Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

William Mou

Aug 21, 2021, 5:32:59 PM8/21/21
to Vivian Hu, Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan
Hello,

I’m pleased to hear from you.

I have compiled and installed open-telemetry and WasmEdge successfully today. I have done some code to experiment with the feasibility of embedding a C++ agent into WasmEdge.

Although the code is not perfect, Uphold the "Release early, release often" philosophy, the following is my GitHub link. There is a screenshot of the logging messages in the img folder.

I learned a lot from these two Cloud Native projects. Thank You!

best regards,
William Mou

Vivian Hu <viv...@secondstate.io> 於 2021年8月20日 週五 下午3:28寫道:

Vivian Hu

Aug 22, 2021, 4:16:51 AM8/22/21
to Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Michael Yuan, Hung-Ying Tai
Hello,
Thank you very much for your LFX mentee application for the WasmEdge project! Since our projects require C++ programming skills, we'd like to ask you to complete a quick coding challenge to fork, make a small change to WasmEdge's open-source code base, and then build it into a binary release.  You do NOT need to replace logging for the entire project. Just do it in a few places, either to replace existing logging or add new logging, to demonstrate that you know how to do it. Please see details here:
Again we appreciate your application, and look forward to working with you on CNCF open-source projects!
Cheers,
The WasmEdge team

Fast, safe, portable & serverless Rust functions in Node.js

Vivian Hu

Vivian Hu

Aug 26, 2021, 12:21:44 PM8/26/21
to Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan
Hello everyone,
Thank you very much for your LFX mentee application for the WasmEdge project!
Just want to remind you that our coding challenges's deadline is on August 27 (PDT). We are going to prioritize mentees who have successfully completed the coding challenge.
If you have not submitted your code under the GitHub issue, please do it as soon as possible. Thanks.