😎 WasmEdge 0.8.2 is released. Networking support, Rust SDK, better compatibility and more.

Vivian Hu

Sep 10, 2021, 11:24:01 AM9/10/21
to Wasmedge

Hi All,

I'm glad to share with you that WasmEdge 0.8.2 is finally released. Highlight features are as following:

  • Better cross-platform compatibility. Run WasmEdge applications on Mac OS X (Intel & M1), Windows 10, and IoT devices with ARM 32-bit chips.
  • Networking support. Make network requests and run an HTTP server from your WasmEdge application.
  • New and improved APIs. Embed WasmEdge functions in CRust, and Golang applications.
  • Generic binary output for WasmEdge's AoT compiler. Take advantage of AOT performance enhancements in cloud-native platforms.
  • Support for the proxy-wasm spec. WasmEdge brings high-performance API routing to service mesh.

You could get more details from our release article or changelog.

For more information, you can visit or join

Cheers,
Vivian