WasmEdge GSoD 2023 for Technical Writer role

Vaishnavi Gupta

Apr 19, 2023, 5:35:22 PM4/19/23
to Wasmedge

Dear WasmEdge Team,

I am writing to express my interest in the Technical Writer position for the upcoming Google Season of Docs (GSoD) program in 2023. I was excited to learn about WasmEdge's mission to provide a lightweight, high-performance, extensible, and OCI-compatible WebAssembly runtime, and I am eager to contribute my technical writing skills to support this mission.

I have extensive experience in technical writing and have worked on various software development projects. I have a good understanding of Docusaurus and markdown, and I am also familiar with GitHub and its related CI systems. While I am not yet proficient in C, C++, and Rust programming languages, I am willing and able to learn in order to better understand WasmEdge's plug-in system.

I am impressed with the WasmEdge community's dedication to open source and their focus on creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for contributors. As a technical writer, I value the importance of clear and comprehensive documentation to help new contributors onboard quickly and efficiently.

I am excited about the opportunity to work with WasmEdge and help develop a clear and comprehensive contributor guide for the plug-in development process. I am confident that my technical writing skills and passion for open source projects will be a valuable addition to your team.

Thank you for considering my application for the Technical Writer position for the GSoD 2023 program.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi Gupta