Notice: Issues with WASI Socket Component in Version 0.12.0 - Recommended Action

Vivian Hu

Apr 25, 2023, 9:09:34 AM4/25/23
to Wasmedge

Dear community members,

We are sorry to tell you that our latest release, version 0.12.0, has been identified to have some critical issues in the WASI socket component. These issues may impact the functionality and stability of related features in the software.

To ensure smooth operation and avoid potential disruptions, we recommend that you temporarily downgrade to the previous stable version, 0.11.2, if you rely on WASI socket-related features.

We understand the inconvenience this may cause and are working tirelessly to resolve the issue. Our team is preparing a hotfix release, version 0.12.1, to address these problems. We will keep you posted on our progress and give you an estimated release date as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please keep an eye on this discussion. We'll update the progress under this GitHub Discussion. https://github.com/WasmEdge/WasmEdge/discussions/2439

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via this email or the discussion.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
WasmEdge Team