WasmEdge LFX Mentorship Challenge - Profiling

Vivian Hu

Feb 11, 2022, 10:29:45 PM2/11/22
to Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan
Hello,
Thank you very much for your LFX mentee application for the WasmEdge project! Since our projects require C++ programming skills and working knowledge of performance profiling, we'd like to ask you to complete a quick coding challenge to run a profiler on a WasmEdge app, and interpret the result (ie identify the bottleneck and provide suggestions on how to fix). Please see details here:
Again we appreciate your application, and look forward to working with you on CNCF open-source projects!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to raise an issue on GitHub or join WasmEdge discord https://discord.gg/Knp7MVDh
Cheers,
The WasmEdge team

Vivian Hu

Feb 15, 2022, 6:09:04 AM2/15/22
to Wasm...@googlegroups.com, Michael Yuan, Hung-Ying Tai

William Wen

Feb 20, 2022, 5:25:45 AM2/20/22
to Vivian Hu, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan, Wasm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivian,

Thanks for responding to my application! I’ve been busy at work in weekdays and didn’t get time to finish the coding challenge till now at the weekend. Sorry about the lateness.

I have finished the challenge task and posted my comment under the task discussion. My GitHub account and the presented name on the discussion is wenym1.

Details of my profiling steps and test program are also described at
https://github.com/wenym1/WasmEdge/tree/master/simple_profiling. This is also the link to my forked WasmEdge repo.

If you have any questions please let me know! After doing this challenge task and run some  demo, I got more and more interested in the WasnEdge project, and I really hope to be able to join the mentorship program and become part of the program in the future.

Have a nice day.
William Wen

Vivian Hu

Feb 21, 2022, 6:31:22 AM2/21/22
to William Wen, Hung-Ying Tai, Michael Yuan, Wasm...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

No worries, thanks for the update!  Looking forward to your contribution.

Cheers,
Vivian