Fwd: New date: FTC workshop at Eastside Preparatory School - Sunday November 9th

Heidi Lovett

Oct 26, 2014, 5:45:07 PM10/26/14
to washin...@googlegroups.com, Gunnar Mein
Another scrimmage opportunity...

Heidi Lovett
Founder
Swerve Robotics
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gunnar Mein <gm...@eastsideprep.org>
Date: October 25, 2014 at 12:35:04 PM PDT
To: Mark Ehrhardt <mehr...@asd.wednet.edu>, "Nelson, Bradley N. (LH)" <Nel...@edmonds.wednet.edu>, Dave Goldy <dave...@me.com>, Fred or Julie <fj...@outlook.com>, "Brian Blomquist (brian.b...@frontier.com)" <brian.b...@frontier.com>, "Phippen, David (DPhi...@shoreline.edu)" <DPhi...@shoreline.edu>, Heidi Lovett <first...@comcast.net>
Cc: Jonathan Briggs <jbr...@eastsideprep.org>, Adrienne Rime <ar...@firstwa.org>
Subject: New date: FTC workshop at Eastside Preparatory School - Sunday November 9th

Hi all,

We are going to try this again. We called off the last one when we had too few (1.5) committed guest teams - I am hoping that we are all a little further in time for our next attempt! Our team now has a driving robot, and while the lifts are still mostly in their heads, this will be a great opportunity to test what they have, work with other team on autonomous routines and alliance strategies, help rookie teams, and just have a bunch of fun!

BTW I will not be canceling this one - if we have fewer teams than hoped for, we’ll simply stay in a smaller space at school.

-       Where? Eastside Preparatory School (EPS), 10613 38th Place, Kirkland, WA 98033

-       When? Sunday, November 9th, 10am – 4pm

-       What? Workshop and scrimmage. We will have a field with official AndyMark components set up,
and a field control system, hopefully an IR goal or two, and pit tables and power.
You bring all the rest for your team.

-       Who? Enthusiastic teams, the “rookier” the better, especially those with no access to a field,
but every team is welcome. Keep it to about/under 10 students per team, please.

-       Food? No sorry we are not serving food. Bring some for your team!

-       RSVP? If you want to participate in this, email me - gm...@eastsideprep.org, by Wednesday November 5th.
Space is limited to about 6 teams. Any questions - same email

-     Cost - $zero.

It would be great if you could forward this to other teams you know/mentor. Heidi, I would appreciate it if you could do us a favor again and forward this to the google group.

Thanks!

Gunnar Mein
Technology Teacher
Eastside Preparatory School