FIRST WA at Summerfest! Volunteers needed this coming Saturday!

Carolyn Davids

Aug 6, 2013, 12:52:38 PM8/6/13
to pnw-...@yahoogroups.com, Eric Stokely, Carolyn Davids

WE NEED YOUR HELP at Kirkland Summerfest this Saturday, August 10th!   FRC, FTC and FLL team members and alumni, mentors and coaches ... Help share the fun and excitement of FIRST robotics by volunteering in the ROBOTS section of the TechZone.

About this event
  We will be sharing a large 40 ft x 80 ft tent with DigiPen and we will also have a 10 ft x 40 ft PIT area set up outside of the main tent. In addition to offering the “Drive a Robot” activity, an FLL exhibit table and other activities and exhibits, we will have a full-sized FTC competition field set up for demos in the Pit area. We will also feature a Mini Tech Shop with a working 3D printer and portable CNC machine.

We need your help to fill a number of positions, including the following: assisting with the "Drive a Robot" activity, acting as a FIRST Ambassador by sharing info about the FIRST family of programs, helping with crowd control, and more. We also need a couple of FLL teams to talk to the public about the program. This is a fantastic and fun community outreach opportunity for FIRST. The hours are flexible, so plan to spend part of your Saturday with us down by the Kirkland waterfront.

Click the link below for more information, to view the volunteer jobs and to select your time slot(s):
www.SignUpGenius.com/go/70A0849A5AB22A75-robots
Detailed info and map will be sent to those folks who sign up.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Carolyn at cmda...@seanet.com.

FYI - The Hours
Swerve Robotics Club and the Royal Robotics will load in and set up for most of the activities on Saturday at 8 am. Volunteers should plan to arrive according to the hours noted on SignUpGenius. The TechZone officially opens at 11 am and runs until 8 pm. Break down and load out follows.