Fwd: Mispacked FTC Field mountain parts

Heidi Lovett

Sep 21, 2015, 10:10:01 PM9/21/15
to washin...@googlegroups.com
We had some issues with the field kit that we recently received.  The mentor who has been working on building it, sent me this info to share with you.  Please let us know if you too have had the same challenge.

Begin forwarded message:

We got 3 of am3090_01 arch support leg instead of 4, and 3 of am-3090_02 pull-up bar instead of 2. We can build one mountain, but not both, so we need another _01 to finish, and have  an extra _02.

These parts are made from the same extrusion, but different lengths and hole patterns, so are easy to confuse.

It seems likely that mispacking is a generic problem, so local teams could help each other out and avoid excess shipping and wasted parts if we all post our locations, what we need and what we have to trade.

Have other teams experienced this? Can we work together to solve it?

John Fraser, Swerve Robotics, Woodinville, WA

Heidi Lovett
Mentor, Swerve Robotics

Bruce Johns

Sep 22, 2015, 1:37:24 AM9/22/15
to washingtonftc
Yep, we ordered a full field set minus blocks and balls and got one ramp and three vertical/horizontal structural boxes (enough for three ramps).  AndyMark is fixing it and sending us a return label for the extra parts.

Bruce Johns
Vashon PTSA After School Robotics