DC Motor controllers

已查看 20 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Bruce Johns

未读,
2013年11月15日 01:09:302013/11/15
收件人 washingtonftc
Hi WA FTC Teams,

We are in need of two Tetrix DC motor controllers and they are on back order until the end of November or later so the teams are in bind.

Are there any teams that would be willing to loan or sell one?  One of our teams was going to use a work-around to the back order situation by creating a servo activated switch to run a DC motor.  It would be used for a one time deployment of a section on the robot - until yesterday's Q&A ruling that teams must control DC motors via controllers only and cannot use a switch.

Thanks for your consideration, and good luck in the upcoming League Play!

--
Bruce Johns
Vashon teams #3861 and #5961

Estokely

未读,
2013年11月15日 09:38:292013/11/15
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com、Bruce Johns

Bruce, I have two in my hand you may have. I also have some on order but our immediate needs are covered.

How shall we get these to you?

Eric Stokely
FTC 360 Tacoma

Bruce Johns

未读,
2013年11月15日 11:32:182013/11/15
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome Eric!  You have them at Bellarmine?  We have one student who attends SAMI and we are working to find a way to get it.
--
Bruce Johns
Vashon PTSA After School Robotics

Donna Lew

未读,
2013年11月15日 11:34:502013/11/15
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com

Bruce team xbot has two motor controllers  … (taking apart last year FTC robots that have been going to presentations – FHS, Microsoft, Seattle University).

I have them at our lab in Redmond. I will have them in hand Saturday and I live on Beacon Hill. Maybe someone on your team could meet me for coffee/dessert Saturday evening (we work from 10am – 4pm) or Sunday. Would that work?

My cell phone 206 972-4119 - Donna

--

Bruce Johns

未读,
2013年11月15日 17:23:082013/11/15
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donna,

Thanks so much for generously offering help. Eric Stokely was able to hand a student at Bellarmine the parts who happens to live on Vashon. Thanks again!

Bruce Johns

未读,
2013年11月17日 23:56:432013/11/17
收件人 washingtonftc
Eric,

Got the DC motor controllers and a big thank you from the teams!

We have an order in for two controllers and when we get them we will return the two controllers to you.  Thanks again!

Estokely

未读,
2013年11月18日 12:31:092013/11/18
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com
Cool,

It was a bit of an adventure to find her, but glad it worked out.

Eric

James LovellFord

未读,
2013年11月16日 22:43:132013/11/16
收件人 washin...@googlegroups.com
I am happy for Bruce Johns.....I hope there is someone else out there that also has extra.  We tried to order ours over 3 weeks ago....they put us on backorder and only after I called twice did I finally get the information as to their January date.

Hopefully
Jim LovellFord

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM, James LovellFord <mrlovell...@gmail.com> wrote:

the teams 4213 5446 and 5447 all could use a motor controller as well. And the backorder from lego I was told was January. There is a different company that we could buy a motor controller from, but then we have to buy their motors as well. I would love to hear from other teams that have extra that we could buy or rent from.
Sincerely,
Jim LovellFord, FTC advisor
253-886-2539

--