Open House at Central - HELP NEEDED

Heidi (Senior Mentor)

Jun 7, 2012, 3:43:28 PM6/7/12
to WashingtonFTC
This was supposed to go out to all of our FTC teams as well, but
somehow fell through the cracks. If anyone is interested in helping us
to build FTC in the Eastern side of the mountains, PLEASE help us
out! We need teams to come and show off their robots and talk about
the program. We want to start enough teams on the other side of the
mountains so that we can have a regional there (you could travel to
help them out too).

Dear fellow coaches and FIRST supporters,

The below Email was distributed via various teacher/school email lists
in the central Washington area yesterday by CWU. We are very proud of
having established what looks to become a very productive and
supportive relationship with CWU to create more opportunities for
students in the central area of our state to get involved in FIRST
activities. As a first step, we are holding a FIRST informational
meeting at CWU on Saturday June 16th from 9:30AM - 1:00 PM and are
inviting everyone who is interested in getting involved in the
2012/2013 season with JrFLL, FLL and FTC to learn more about our
programs and how to get involved.

How can you help?

Two ways:

1 -- If you are a team in the Ellensburg area, please contact me
wsch...@firstwa.org if you are interested in setting up a demo or be
on hand to talk about your experiences to newly interested teams/
parents/teachers.

2 -- Forward / distribute the enclosed message to others you know who
may be interested in going FIRST, learning about our programs with a
friendly note encouraging them to come.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to the new season!

Willem Scholten
JrFLL State partner
Washington FIRST Robotics

Email Message from CWU and you should feel free to re-destribute with
a note from you.

Dear School Administrators - I would like to invite you to campus on
Saturday, June 16 from 9 AM - Noon to learn about a partnership we
have formed with one of the leading STEM non-profit organizations in
the country. We have set aside space in the Student Union Building so
we can share with you our vision to grow STEM learning in central
Washington. Please feel free to forward this on to your teaching
staff.

The organization is called FIRST. Their mission is to:

Inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging
them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering
and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-
rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication,
and leadership.

FIRST is based in New Hampshire and they are active in our state
through a non-profit called Washington FIRST Robotics based in
Seattle. FIRST has four different programs that run from kindergarten
through high school. Details at www.usfirst.org and locally at www.firstwa.org.
FIRST is an after-school program that has been active in Washington
since 2001. There are over 600 FIRST teams in Washington.....
something like 20% of all the schools.

Our goal is to work with WFR to start more teams in central Washington
by hosting workshops and events on campus starting next fall. The
meeting on June 16th is to get the ball rolling by educating as many
people in our part of the state about FIRST and so we can start new
teams in the fall.

Please click on this LINK: (
http://www.firstwa.org/JrFLL/JrFLLEvents/CWUJrFLLandFLLWorskhop/tabid/377/Default.aspx
)
to RSVP by June 12th. I hope you will be able to join us. Please feel
free to share this invitation with anyone else you think might be
interested in working with CWU and Washington FIRST Robotics to
inspire and recognize our students to become the future inventors and
innovators.

Sincerely,

Connie Lambert, Dean
College of Education and Professional Studies
Central Washington University