FTC Workshop 9/21 THIS SUNDAY :) :)

gcronin

Sep 16, 2014, 11:22:46 PM9/16/14
to washin...@googlegroups.com
Hope that some of you who haven't signed up will join us!  I've attached the schedule for the day.  It may change slightly, but this should give you a good idea of the topics which will be covered.

Check-in will be between 8:15 and 8:45 in the gym.  We will have tables for each team in case you have equipment you would like to leave, such as your parts if you are planning to stay for the afternoon session.  You may drop off at the front of the gym, then go to one of the parking locations discussed below.

We will have pizza, soft drinks, and some sort of gluten free/veggie alternative.  If you could fill out this form, https://docs.google.com/a/seattleacademy.org/forms/d/16D0CWcj6aiIAOT7qKHqeFYxVXhwMlPNIhB3ECyNDF2U/viewform?usp=send_form it will help us in planning for food.

The form also asks about whether you intend to stay for the afternoon session.   TEAMS SHOULD BRING KITS WITH THEM IF AVAILABLE FOR THE AFTERNOON SESSIONS.  If you do not have the kit of parts available but are still interested in participating in the afternoon session, please indicate on the form.

Seattle Academy has several campus locations, and you may go to the wrong place if you just type Seattle Academy into a GPS and use the resulting address.  We will be meeting in the Gym, which is located at 1111 13th Ave, Seattle 98122.  This is on capitol hill.  I've attached a map of the location, as well as three parking spots close by which you can use.

The CUB parking spot is on the corner of southwest 13th and Union with entrance from Union street.  The TEMPLE parking spot is on the east side of 16th between Union and Pike.  Entrance is from 16th ave.  The 14TH AVE LOT is on the west side of 14th between Columbia and Marion.  Entrance is from 14th ave.

The map shows the parking areas as black squares with the entrances as arrows.  The big red asterix is the gym where you will need to walk to after you park.  I wish it were easier, but we're an urban campus in the middle of construction :(:(

Make sure to email me directly or signup on the FirstWA website for this event so I can get your contact information.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.
14th_lot.png
cub lot.png
FTC Workshop Schedule.docx
Gym_entrance.png
map.png
temple_lot.png

Donna Lew

Sep 18, 2014, 12:49:40 PM9/18/14
to washin...@googlegroups.com
Gabe can I sign up kids after our meeting tonight? I have two rookie teams and would love the kids to attend. I am coordinating transportation for them too. Not sure how many of my kids will go to a Sunday meeting but they have all been showing up.
50 kids! Yikes!

I have made a proposal to the FHS alumni association for a assistant coach position and stipend. I have 3.5 mentors as one of my mentor has a new job requiring 50% travel.

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:22:46 -0700
From: gabriel...@gmail.com
To: washin...@googlegroups.com
Subject: FTC Workshop 9/21 THIS SUNDAY :) :)