Fwd: WSBA Membership Demographic Study Research Update - Focus Groups in June

Jonathan Ko

Jun 1, 2024, 11:22:12 AMJun 1
to washingtonattorneyswith...@googlegroups.com

Hi... I don't know how many of you tried to participate in this focus group, but it was delayed. It looks like it's going to be happening in June. If you can make it that would be great.

Hello,

The WSBA is working with Kno-Why, a research consultancy, to conduct a Membership Demographic Study. The study began with a member-wide survey conducted last summer/fall. The consultant is now organizing six focus groups to hear stories and perspectives that will inform and provide context and nuance to the survey data. You can learn about the study and the focus groups in this research update here which includes information about:

  • Why we’re doing the study and what will be done with it
  • How the study is being conducted
  • Highlights of what we learned from the membership survey
  • Why we’re trying to collect qualitative data through focus groups
  • Details on dates/times for six different focus groups

We are inviting WSBA members who identify with any of the following groups to sign up to join a focus group (you can learn more about why these focus groups in the research update):

·         Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian Focus Group

o    Tuesday, June 11th - 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

·         Black/African American Focus Group

o    Wednesday, June 12th - 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

    • Disabled People/People with Visible or Invisible Disability or Disabilities Focus Group
      • Monday, June 10th – 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

·         Indigenous/First People/First Nation/Native American Focus Group

o    Tuesday, June 18th - 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

·         Latino/Latina/Latinx/Latine/Hispanic Focus Group

o    Tuesday, June 25th – 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

·         LGBTQIA2S Focus Group

o    Thursday, June 13th – 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

If you are interested in joining a focus group, please email the consultant conducting the study, Dr. Ben Kim-Gervey, at b...@kno-why.com with the following:

  • Name
  • Group you identify with
  • Email and phone number

The focus groups will be filled based on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks,
Diana

WSBA-Logo-Seal-PMS2188-PNG

Diana K. Singleton | Chief Equity and Justice Officer
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Washington State Bar Association | 206.727.8205 | dia...@wsba.org

1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 600 |Seattle, WA 98101 | www.wsba.org

The WSBA is committed to full access and participation by persons with disabilities. If you have questions about accessibility or require accommodation please let me know.

---

--

WSBA Membership Demographic Study Research Update - Focus Groups in June.eml