The Software Engineer will build
data management and business logic solutions using the Drupal API and PHP on
Drupal version 7 and 8 sites hosted on the Acquia enterprise hosted platform.
The candidate will be a contributing member on the Content Management team,
working with other College Board engineers in web and content management design
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with MySQL databases managed on the Acquia platform
• Works with senior technical leadership in primary areas of competence, and task management and project leadership support.
• Manage the assignment and coordination of technical activities and the delivery of technical artifacts throughout the project, utilizing appropriate tools and protocols to effectively communicate this information to the Project Manager, the Architects, and the software development support services.
• Assist in maintaining all system administration, development, support and user documentation.
• Assists with the planning, requirement analysis, and testing of all security updates, Drupal core patches and upgrades.
• Supports production issues and activities, as necessary, by researching, analyzing issues, and identifying and/or delivering solutions.
• Minimum 4 + years’ experience in web development preferable with 2+ in Drupal and PHP.
• Experienced level understanding of the PHP programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
• Experienced level understanding of the Drupal and Drupal API of version 6.x and 7.x
• Experienced level understanding of LAMP system environment.
• A good understanding of common service implementation technologies such as: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, and dependency management.
• Must have good knowledge of PHP, Drupal, , SQL/PL-SQL
• Good problem solving and analytic skills.
• Familiarity with Acquia cloud solution a plus.
• Familiarity with Configuration Management toolsets
• Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is preferred
• Experience working in an iterative development environment (familiarity with RUP and/or Agile/Scrum is a plus)
• Familiar with Continuous Delivery and its tools pipeline.
• Familiar with tools i.e. Jenkins, SVN, Artifactory, Jira/Fisheye/Cruciable/confluence etc.
• Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
• Passion for staying abreast of new/emerging technologies, tools, platforms and API's.
• Good and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, mastery of one or more tools sets, technologies and implementation environments.
• Exposure to modern software engineering principles and practices as well as modern/Web 2.0/3.0 tools and frameworks.
• Good writing and communication skills.