My HTTP Testing Utilities

Michael Alaimo

Jan 16, 2020, 11:51:33 AM1/16/20
to DCPHP PHPDC
Hello all,

I was working late last night on a personal docker project. Soon to
be reading over Docker for Developers by Chris Tankersley.

While I was working I discovered that I had to make a docker network
so that my docker project always had the same gateway. XDEBUG seemed
to require me to specify the xdebug.remote_host as the Gateway IP
Address even though it was the detected IP Address when using
xdebug.remote_connect_back. I also needed a simple iptables rule. I
am using OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

I spent hours trying to get this working and had even had it working
through ssh running in a docker container.

Anyway while I was trying to create the docker network, I realized
that I still do not trust the internet CIDR network tools. This is a
result of work I had done for ScienceLogic back in 2011. They
required me to make a network tool using an IP Address and CIDR to
discover the subnet mask and IP range. So I knew that there had to be
some documentation out there to help me get my own done.

I ended up using WikiPedia and a blog post by Justin Ellingwood on the
digitialocean website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/understanding-ip-addresses-subnets-and-cidr-notation-for-networking

I added the project to my HTTP_Testing_Utilities github repository.
Would everyone able take a look at it?

It is located here: https://github.com/malaimo2900/HTTP_Testing_Utilities/

The output is as follows:
php ipNetwork.php --cidr=1 --ip=10.0.0.0
CIDR: 1
IP: 10.0.0.0
Network: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 128.0.0.0
Number of Hosts: 2147483648
First host: 0.0.0.1
Last host: 127.255.255.255

There are also 3 other utilities:
1.) curl HTTP output for testing HTTP redirects, cookies and HTTP headers
2.) HTTP spider for spidering websites which requires MySQL
3.) MySQL profile, example utility. I have since enjoyed running in
in MySQL workbench, but you can use the output here to make a graph in
excel.

Thank you for your review.

Regards,

Michael Alaimo