Bearings for Maytag Maxima XL, model MHW6000AW0

SuperSR sr

Apr 26, 2022, 9:33:50 AM4/26/22
to Washer Repair
Trying to replace bearings on a Maytag Maxima XL, model MHW6000AW0.  Tub is out and retaining clips are off, but the two halves cannot be pryed apart.  Anyone know if the outer tub is glued together on this model.  I can't get my head around how such a high end washing machine would have the main component designed in such a way that it's not serviceable.  Parts diagrams show the inner and outer tub as one assembly, but there are 2 different part numbers on eash half.  Rear half is W1023786.  Front half is W10237668.  I'd be happy to buy each half and cut the old one off if needed, but I can't find these parts or procedures online.  All I see is the entire assembley with inner and outer tubs, but that is $1200.  That makes no sense.  I just need 1 part.  For $1200 I could buy an entire washing machine?

SuperSR sr

Aug 8, 2022, 1:18:01 AM8/8/22
to Washer Repair
I was able to get the tub apart and have removed the seal and bearings without issue.  Both bearings are NSK with part number easily visible.  I can't quite make out the part number on the seal though.  I suspect it's probably used in other models.  I'd like to buy a kit with both bearings and the seal, but I don't see the washer model number in the list.  Can the bearings and seal be matched up with the specs below?  Thanks.

Front bearing   NSK 6207Z   Outside diameter 2.835"   Inner diameter 1.379"   Thickness 0.700"
Rear bearing    NSK 6305Z   Outside diameter 2.442"   Inner diameter 0.984"   Thickness 0.700"
Seal                   W1030??99  Outside diameter 3.632"   Inner diameter 1.905"   Thickness 0.531"

Message has been deleted

Paul Gomes

May 28, 2024, 11:49:50 AMMay 28
to Washer Repair
i know this thread is 2 years old but hoping you can help. how did you get the tub halves separated? i removed the clips but the tub doesnt come apart. also, did you get the seal for this?
thanks