Bearing Specifications

Joseph Amato

Aug 22, 2022, 2:49:21 PM8/22/22
to Washer Repair
Hello Everyone.

I have a 2005 Whirlpool washer!!!  It still works fine, except every 4 yrs or so, the wash starts showing rust spots.  I think the seal starts to leak and water gets into the hub.

I've bought replacement kit #8153 three times already.  The replacement bearings are 6206 and 6307 for this kit.

But there are suffix descriptions as well (which i don't know). For example: 6206.2RS or 6206.2Z.

I'm thinking that the suffix should be "2RS' - which indicates a Rubber seal on each side.  I think in the past I have used bearings with a 'ZZ' or 2Z' suffix which indicates a stainless steel cover on each side.  But I wont be sure of this until I remove the old ones (if I go this route yet one more time!)

My question is:
  1. What bearing types are shipped with Kit 8153,
  2. Which bearing type was the original OEM?
thanks
Message has been deleted