Potential issue

Brian G

Oct 11, 2021, 9:14:41 AM10/11/21
to Washer Repair

Thank you for the video and parts (seal and bearings).  I took everything apart and replaced the bearings and seal with little to no problem.  I was pretty much done putting everything back together and had the following:

As I put the pulley wheel on the shaft, along with the belt - everything seemed fine, it would freely rotate without much effort… once I put the nut on and tightened the nut snuggly, it was VERY difficult to rotate the pulley wheel (and drum inside the washer). I thought that was a bad sign.  I then untightened the nut and again, and the pulley system (wheel and drum) rotated freely again.  So…  it appears the tighter I make the nut, the more difficult it is to rotate……  Did I do something wrong?  Or is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stacey Smith

Dec 30, 2023, 9:41:07 PM12/30/23
to Washer Repair
I ran into the same issue so I used Loctite and it seemed to work for a year and then it eventually backed out and loosened up.  Belt came off.

What did you end up doing?

Thanks !!