2015 DCI Youth Leadership Awards & Child Rights Essay Competition

Brian DeBroff

Sep 4, 2015, 6:54:49 PM9/4/15
to Water Sanitation Hygiene- Pakistan

2015 DCI Youth Leadership Awards & Child Rights Essay Competition

Distressed Children & Infants International (DCI), a US-based non-profit child rights organization, is now accepting applications for the following 2015 Youth Awards:

DCI’s Youth Leadership Awards recognize and reward selfless young individuals whose remarkable acts of service at the local or global level show their dedication, leadership, and compassion for the less fortunate. Youth between the ages of 10 and 21 whose service has made extraordinary contributions to the lives of others are encouraged to apply.

DCI’s Child Rights Essay Competition is held to create greater awareness of child rights among children throughout the world and encourage critical thinking about global issues. Contestants from Grade 5 to college/university are encouraged to submit an original essay focusing on problems affecting children across the globe and how these problems can be solved.

DCI's Child Rights Photo Competition encourages youth and adults to use images to spread awareness of child rights and the problems affecting children worldwide. Photographers of all ages from any country are encouraged to submit an original photo to the competition.

The deadline for all applications is September 13th, 2015. Winners will be recognized and awarded at DCI’s 5th International Conference on Child Rights & Sight at Yale University on October 24, 2015*. For more information and to apply online, visit http://distressedchildren.org/conference/awards

*Note: We encourage contestants from any state or country to apply; however, only winners able to receive the award in person on October 24th at the Conference on Child Rights & Sight will be eligible to receive the monetary prize. Winners who are unable to attend will receive a certificate by mail.

About the Conference on Child Rights & Sight: DCI’s biennial Conference on Child Rights & Sight is a platform for humanitarians and activists working in diverse settings - from grassroots organizations to large institutions - to meet, network and discuss solutions for the grave problems facing children. DCI’s motto is “children helping children”, and our conference is an occasion when we are especially focused on featuring youth as attendees, volunteers, and honorees. For more information about the conference and how to participate, visit http://distressedchildren.org/conference. We hope you can join us for this special event!

About Distressed Children & Infants International (DCI): DCI is a USA-based 501(c)(3) non-profit child rights organization established at Yale University in 2003. DCI is committed to protecting the rights of children, stopping child labor, preventing blindness, and lifting distressed children in developing nations out of poverty and hunger. We achieve this mission by providing life necessities, family support, education, health care and vision care.  In keeping with our motto of "Children Helping Children," we involve American youth in all our activities and connect them to less fortunate children in other countries.  By participating in DCI's mission, young people learn the critical challenges faced by some other children in the world and are called to service on their behalf, ultimately growing into responsible global citizens and future leaders. To learn more about DCI, please visit www.distressedchildren.org

CCRS AWARD Flyer-2015.jpg
CCRS AWARD Flyer-2015.pdf
Conference Flyer-DCI-2015.pdf