RSS, XML, feeds and namespaces

Peter Lancaster

Jul 14, 2010, 9:09:30 AM7/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Hello everyone!

Doing a bit of work around RSS feeds and the possible usage of
namespaces at the moment, and I was wondering if any developer-like
people have:

a) used namespaces within feeds before, and / or;
b) any good practice examples of feeds using namespaces?

It could prove extremely useful if you have...

Cheers!

Pete

(as a side note - the mobile 'app' I sneak previewed previously is
still in development - but some other work had to take precident
before the competition deadline - so expect further
announcements... ...eventually)

MattAitch

Jul 14, 2010, 9:30:56 AM7/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Hi Pete,

This (sort of - in a way) ties in with an idea i've had, and when I've
got 10 minutes I will explore it a little further.

The majority of the databases on the Warwickshire website can be
viewed in XML using Lotus Notes SQL and queries.
At some point, I want to try and tie all of these in to create an XML
API. I thought of using a API wizard to gather the information a
developer wants to grab. The wizard could generate an XML of all
corresponding information and a link.

A simple example - News under the category of Business is shown
here:http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/corporate/newsstor.nsf/
publicbycategories?openview&restricttocategory=Business
It's XML output is shown here:
http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/corporate/newsstor.nsf/publicbycategories?readviewentries&restricttocategory=Business

On 14 July, 14:09, Peter Lancaster <petedoeswebthi...@googlemail.com>