Warwickshire school admissions application

Chris Jones

May 12, 2010, 4:58:31 PM5/12/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Finished my School admissions app :), see below for link:

http://wccschooladmissions.heroku.com/

Overview...
The purpose is to link the Warwickshire schools and the admission
dataset’s together to provide a more graphical visualisation of the
data using Google maps.

Issues with datasets...
There was no dfee number within the admissions datasets, this made it
impossible to automatically link the schools and the admission
datasets together. In order to create a link between the datasets,
had to manually match up details on school name. However even the
school names are not consistent between datasets, so took a bit of
work.

The admissions datasets could benefit from separating the radius
element out of the breakdown column. Would just make it easier to
develop stuff.

Future datasets...
Obviously school catchment areas would be the icing on the cake for
the full picture.

Any questions/issues, let me know. Enjoy :)

Chris

Katie Sahota

May 12, 2010, 5:23:01 PM5/12/10
to warwickshir...@googlegroups.com
Marvellous, hopefully will have revised priority areas by the end of the summer. That's really amazing, well done!!

Jim Morton

May 13, 2010, 5:50:35 AM5/13/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Excellent stuff, any chance you can add link back to the open data
site on the page.

Cheers

Chris Jones

May 13, 2010, 3:51:51 PM5/13/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
No problem Jim. As requested link now added.