App making use of the education datasets

Julian Sullivan

May 14, 2010, 4:59:07 AM5/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Here is my entry for bacon:

http://www.sandboxi.co.uk/

It pulls in some of the education datasets to display context for a
selected school.

There is a bit more I would like to finish off - such as tooltips on
the graphs, handle cases where data is not available for certain
schools. However it is complete enough to get the jist.

Strangely though this morning I viewed the page in IE7 and the graphs
were not showing, in Firefox not a problem and running the page
locally not a problem in IE7 - up until now this has not been an issue
so I am bit flummoxed by this and I will look into to it but hopefully
it works for you!

Cheers

Julian

Steve Woodward

May 14, 2010, 7:54:46 AM5/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Loving the use of Flot on this, looks much nicer than I've seen
elsewhere.

Might need to use a further Javascript file called excanvas to enable
Flot in IE - someone with the same issue:

http://code.google.com/p/flot/issues/detail?id=116

Excanvas:

http://excanvas.sourceforge.net/

cheers

Julian Sullivan

May 14, 2010, 10:37:34 AM5/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Cheers for the pointer Steve - will take a look.

Julian Sullivan

May 14, 2010, 11:09:10 AM5/14/10
to Warwickshire Open Data
Excellent - that was it. My fuzzy little brain missed that file -
cheers again Steve