BCM4430 WLAN/WiFi driver is not loaded for the own built yocto image

TitusRathinaraj Stalin

Jun 13, 2017, 9:58:35 PM6/13/17
to >warpx.io
Hello,
Continuation of the below post.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/warpx/Fll-xwId4O4

I have just did yocto build for the default image and loaded to warp_0x01 board.
I have used the below images and not able to see the 'wlan0' entry in ifconfig output.
bitbake warpx-headfull-image-sdk
bitbake warpx-headfull-image

Can you please help me on this ?

Below commands which I followed:

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b krogoth
repo sync
cd sources
git clone https://github.com/Kynetics/meta-warpx.git
cd meta-warpx
git checkout krogoth
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git
cd meta-qt5
git checkout krogoth
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/sbabic/meta-swupdate.git
cd meta-swupdate
git checkout krogoth
cd ../../
cp -rf sources/meta-warpx/first-setup/setup-warpx-warp .
source setup-warpx-warp
ACCEPT the terms here (say 'y')
Now we are in "~/yocto/build-warpx-warp" location.
cp -rf ../sources/meta-warpx/first-setup/local.conf.sample conf/local.conf
cp -rf ../sources/meta-warpx/first-setup/bblayers.conf conf/
bitbake warpx-headfull-image-sdk

Diego Rondini

Jun 20, 2017, 4:49:33 AM6/20/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com, TitusRathinaraj Stalin
In data mercoledì 14 giugno 2017 03:58:35 CEST, TitusRathinaraj Stalin ha
scritto:
> Hello,
> Continuation of the below post.
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/warpx/Fll-xwId4O4
>
> I have just did yocto build for the default image and loaded to warp_0x01
> board.
> I have used the below images and not able to see the 'wlan0' entry in
> ifconfig output.

Hi Titus,

unfortunately this is a known problem as sometimes the driver tries to load
the firmware from filesystem before the root filesystem is mounted.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/15/47

There are two solutions to this problem:
1) manually load the driver when root is already mounted, this way you'll be
sure proper firmware will be available in /lib/firmware
2) use a ramdisk to provide required firmware files early.

We used the second option in our images, by manually adding warp-firmware.img
ramdisk to the boot partition of our image. You can pull it from the images in
our website and do the same.

Bests,
Diego

TitusRathinaraj Stalin

Jun 26, 2017, 11:00:02 PM6/26/17
to >warpx.io, tituse...@gmail.com, diego....@kynetics.com
Sorry for the delayed response.
Thanks for your help.
Yes, you are right. I just compared the working and not working kernel logs and found the root cause of the issue.
I have changed the linux-warp kernel configuration (enabled as static) and able to get the WiFi interface.
Thanks again.