Factory reset Yocta Linux

Romsub

Mar 6, 2017, 3:11:02 PM3/6/17
to >warpx.io
Hiya,

Is there a way to factory reset Yocta linux on the warp boards ?

Thanks,
Rams

diego rondini

Mar 6, 2017, 5:44:49 PM3/6/17
to Romsub, >warpx.io
Hi Ramya,

welcome to the Warpx community!

Do you have the Warp connected to an interposer so that you have a
dedicated standalone serial console?
Is the serial console set up and working and is U-Boot still loading correctly?

We're in the process of publishing the image of the preinstalled Linux
OS built with Yocto, so stay tuned!
In the meantime you can browse the sources here:
https://github.com/warpboard/meta-warpx

Bests,
Diego

Romsub

Mar 7, 2017, 5:16:56 PM3/7/17
to >warpx.io, ramy...@gmail.com
Hey Diego,

Thanks for the reply. I have it connected to the interposer/display adapter board. My board boots yocta linux just fine. I was just wondering how to go about resetting it in case I end up corrupting the OS on the board. I found some pointers in the android document for warp. It would be great to have the binaries for the Yocta linux !

The board is awesome btw ! Thanks a lot !

Cheers,
Rams

Jacob Postman

Mar 7, 2017, 6:16:31 PM3/7/17
to Romsub, >warpx.io
Hi Rams,

u-boot and system images are available to download from http://warpx.io/resources

The easiest way to write a fresh system image to the board is to mount the emmc as a mass storage device from u-boot using the ums command:

=> umc 0 mmc 0

The emmc should come up on your host machine as a mass storage device.

Download and unzip the wtc-2016-headfull-image-warp.sdcard.gz system image from warpx.io, then just use dd or a disk imager like Win32DiskImager to write the image file "wtc-2016-headfull-image-warp.sdcard" to the mounted mass storage device as if it were a USB flash drive.

Once it is done writing to the disk you can unmount it and reset the board and it should be restored.

u-boot is on a protected boot partition of the emmc, so you are unlikely to break that unless you are trying to.
However, if you manage to mess up your u-boot environment, you can reset it to the default configuration using:
=> env default -f -a
## Resetting to default environment
=> saveenv
Saving Environment to MMC...
Writing to MMC(0)... done

Jacob

Jacob Postman

Mar 7, 2017, 6:23:05 PM3/7/17
to Romsub, >warpx.io
Ah my typo!

The command is "ums 0 mmc 0", NOT umc.

Jacob

Romsub

Mar 7, 2017, 7:30:14 PM3/7/17
to >warpx.io, ramy...@gmail.com
Hey Jacob,

That was quick ! Thanks for the instructions and the binary images. I can now experiment with a little bit less worry :)

Cheers
Rams
Ah my typo!

Jacob

Jacob

tituse...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 10:54:55 PM6/8/17
to >warpx.io, ramy...@gmail.com
Hi Diego,
Can you please tell which yocto base version I should to use ?
https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform
I added all the dependencies layers
I have used freescale yocto version and got error in python.
fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-warpx/recipes-devtools/python/python-pyqt_5.3.1.bb:29: Could not inherit file classes/sip.bbclass
I suspect there is some freescale yocto and meta-warpx version mismatch ?
Can you please help ?