supplied warpx image doesnt work

Romsub

Jun 6, 2017, 11:42:40 AM6/6/17
to >warpx.io
Hi,

I am trying to restore my warp board with the image provided here ( http://warpx.io/assets/binaries/warp_0x01/wtc-2016-headfull-image-warp.sdcard.gz ).

I am able to mount the mmc and use dd to transfer the image (after gunzip)

rams@brixpro:~/Downloads$ sudo dd if=wtc-2016-headfull-image-warp.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=10M
[sudo] password for rams:
211+1 records in
211+1 records out
2218792960 bytes (2.2 GB, 2.1 GiB) copied, 813.373 s, 2.7 MB/s
rams@brixpro:~/Downloads$ sync

In uboot prompt I restored the environment and

=> env default -f -a
## Resetting to default environment
=> saveenv
Saving Environment to MMC...
Writing to MMC(0)... done
=> boot
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0(part 0) is current device
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0(part 0) is current device
** No partition table - mmc 0 **
** No partition table - mmc 0 **
Booting from net ...
Unknown command 'dhcp' - try 'help'
Unknown command 'dhcp' - try 'help'
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!
=>

After the dd command, fdisk shows that there are no partitions on the mmc.

Is there anything I am doing wrong with the dd command ? Could the image be corrupted maybe ?

Cheers

Rams

Diego Rondini

Jun 6, 2017, 12:00:06 PM6/6/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com, Romsub
Hi Rams,

In data martedì 6 giugno 2017 17:42:40 CEST, Romsub ha scritto:
> Is there anything I am doing wrong with the dd command ? Could the image be
> corrupted maybe ?

I've double checked, and it looks like an incorrect image has been uploaded by
mistake.

Can you please follow the new method we posted to update / restore the WaRP?
http://warpx.io/blog/tutorial/easy-os-upgrades-swupdate

Remember to keep both interposer and warp_0x01 connected to the PC.

Bests,
Diego
Message has been deleted

Romsub

Jun 7, 2017, 1:07:49 PM6/7/17
to >warpx.io, ramy...@gmail.com
Hi Diego,

Thanks for the confirmation and suggestion.

I was able to use both the methods (swupdate and dd) successfully to restore the board. For dd, I had to use the image here (http://warpx.io/assets/binaries/warp_0x01/wtc-2016-headfull-image-sdk-warp-20160718170601.rootfs.sdcard.gz).

The restored image from swupdate seems to be a leaner version ? It doesnt have opkg, wifi_connect (although just a bunch of commands :) ) ..etc. So I had to use the image linked above to restore.

Cheers
Rams