Warp board stopped working.

Romsub

May 22, 2017, 3:03:18 PM5/22/17
to >warpx.io
Hi,

I have a warp board connected to an interposer board.

I rebooted my VM while the warp board was at the uboot prompt and the warp board doesnt boot anymore after that.

I dont see anything on the console and when I power the warp board directly, the orange led glows and nothing happens after that.

How can one debug this to understand whats happening ?

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is the only board I have now.

Cheers
Rams

Romsub

May 23, 2017, 7:56:54 AM5/23/17
to >warpx.io
Here is some additional information about the problem.

I compiled imx_usb and attempted to load images manually, but the freescale device is not recognised at all.

parallels@ubuntu:~/imx-files/imx_usb_loader$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 203a:fffa
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 203a:fff9
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 10c4:ea70 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
parallels@ubuntu:~/imx-files/imx_usb_loader$

I dont see the freescale device here in the list. I have also updated the udev.conf as suggested with the following entries.

SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="15a2",ATTR{idProduct}=="0063",MODE="0640",OWNER="parallels"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1",ATTR{idProduct}=="0d02",MODE="0640",OWNER="parallels"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1",ATTR{idProduct}=="4e42",MODE="0640",OWNER="parallels"

Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong here ?

Cheers
Rams

Will Martindale

May 23, 2017, 10:47:26 AM5/23/17
to >warpx.io
Hi Rams,

It appears that your setup with the Interposer and Warp was working and then stopped working.
However just for discussion, can you confirm that the steps you follow to power on and get connected are in line with the videos below?

Power-on and boot Warp via the Interposer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouNHlNm3VFA
Serial Console on Warp via Interposer on Linuxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3R1UZwNe8Y

Also - do you happen to have a physical (non-virtual) system and OS that you can test with, just to ensure that the problem is not related to the virtual machine (parallels) that you are using? I've seen some minor issues with VMs in the past.

Here's some videos with regard to MacOS and Windows if you need:
Serial Console on Warp via Interposer on MacOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsEwMARuu8
Serial Console on Warp via Interposer on Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrP-tc4y3U

Thanks,

Romsub

May 23, 2017, 2:21:19 PM5/23/17
to >warpx.io
Hi Will,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the power on procedure is in line with the videos you linked. I also checked with a regular computer running ubuntu and the freescale chip is not recognised as an USB there as well.

Cheers
Rams

Will Martindale

May 23, 2017, 2:26:01 PM5/23/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rams,

I don't have test equipment set up but I am almost positive that as long as the Warp is connected to the Interposer (and you're connected to the Interposer, not the Warp as seen in the power on video), you will only see the Interposer's tty devices, there are two. Typically on Linux: ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1.

As discussed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3R1UZwNe8Y

ttyUSB1 should be the Warp console, where ttyUSB0 would be the Interposer console.

Let me know if this clarifies the topic or if there's something else that I am not clear on.

Thanks,

Jacob Postman

May 23, 2017, 3:19:31 PM5/23/17
to Will Martindale, >warpx.io
Hi Rams,

A few things to try

Step 1 - With both USB and power disconnected, set up interposer board jumpers as follows:

WARP BATTERY SOURCE - DCIN
ALT CHARGE SOURCE - Not jumpered/Open Circuit
USB DEBUG VBUS - Jumpered/Closed Circuit
J8 - Not jumpered/Open Circuit
J9 - Jumpered/Closed Circuit
BM0 - Not jumpered/Open Circuit

2. Connect CONSOLE/DEBUG micro USB - two new tty devices should show up
3. Open two serial terminal connections, one to each of the new tty devices at 115200bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control
4. Press PUSH BTN1 and hold for about 1-2 seconds. There is no harm in holding longer, but only takes a momentary press.
When powered only from the external power inputs, power button is necessary to turn on the warp board.
Did the board start? Did uboot start sending console output to one of your serial terminals?
If yes, then great, you're back up and running. If not, continue.

5. Remove USB DEBUG VBUS and J9 jumpers. All headers on board should be open circuit. The two serial consoles should still be open and ready to receive data from warp.
6. Connect a second micro USB cable to the warp. Did the board start? Did uboot start sending console output to one of your serial terminals?
If yes, then great. Problem may be that the input voltage to the vbat connection is below a turn on threshold. There is some additional debugging we could do at this point to track down the specific issue, but your board is working and you should be mostly back up and running
If not, continue.

7. Now we will see if we can put the board into serial bootloader mode and reimage the warp board.
8. Disconnect the micro USB cable that is connected to the warp board. Leave the CONSOLE/DEBUG micro USB cable connected.
9. Add a jumper to the BM0 header.
BM0 - Jumpered/Closed Circuit
10. Reconnect second micro USB cable to the warp. Does a new USB HID device appear on your host or VM? Does the computer make a USB device connected sound? If yes, then we can reflash the board with imx_usb or the nxp manufacturing tool.

Let me know where you end up with this and we can go forward from there.

If you don't have it, the interposer user guide is here: http://revotics.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Interposer_v2.5_Users_Guide.pdf

Jacob

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Will Martindale <will.ma...@kynetics.com> wrote:
Hi Rams,

I don't have test equipment set up but I am almost positive that as long as the Warp is connected to the Interposer, you will only see the Interposer's tty devices, there are two. Typically on Linux: ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1.

Romsub

May 24, 2017, 11:02:41 AM5/24/17
to >warpx.io
Hi Jacob

Many thanks for the step by step troubleshooting advice. I was able to easily follow this and the board is back up and running after step 4 ! However the LED on the warp board does not light up anymore.

So I guess the only change was to remove the jumper from "Alt Charge Source". Could you please clarify could have gone wrong ?

Cheers
Rams

Jacob