Android Things or Android Go on Warpx? Site is down

Csaba Toth

May 19, 2017, 1:56:21 AM5/19/17
to >warpx.io
What are the opinions? The OTA and update capabilities are very appealing of the Things. Android Go should run on 512MB RAM.

I'm at Google I/O and wanted to convince the engineers. I think we'd have a chance we just have to push it in their online communities. I wanted to show the website but it's the default Apache now for some reason. Tomorrow i'll bring the actual board to show it off. Would be good if the website would work.

Cheers,
Csaba

Will Martindale

May 19, 2017, 3:53:16 AM5/19/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Csaba,

Thanks for pointing out the topic with the website. It has been online but was not serving certain types of connections. It's now fixed.

Good luck at Google I/O!

Csaba Toth

May 19, 2017, 10:11:42 AM5/19/17
to >warpx.io
Excellent! It's working here now

Diego Rondini

May 24, 2017, 4:01:03 AM5/24/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com, Csaba Toth
Thanks Csaba for spreading the world about the warpx community, your effort is
really appreciated!

Regarding the Android Things initiative, the hardware support is limited to a
very small subset of devices, and I'm unsure about how big is the effort to
comply with their requirements. We might consider it for the future though.

The Android Go effort is interesting for us, as it allows newer versions to
run on low memory platforms. There aren't many public informations about it
yet though, aside from the fact that it should be an automatic switch on
devices with less 1GB or less.

Bests,
Diego

Csaba Toth

Jun 7, 2017, 2:04:31 PM6/7/17
to >warpx.io, csaba....@gmail.com

Csaba Toth

Jun 7, 2017, 2:04:57 PM6/7/17
to >warpx.io, csaba....@gmail.com
If anyone can upvote those issues (I'm not sure), please go on