Enable Hotspot (WiFi AP mode) in imx6 warpx board

TitusRathinaraj Stalin

Dec 9, 2017, 7:36:13 AM12/9/17
to >warpx.io
Hello,
Trying to setup the AP mode (Hotspot) in warpx_0x01 board (i.MX6) and getting errors.

root@warp:/# cat /etc/hostapd.conf
# This is the name of the WiFi interface we configured above
interface=wlan0
# Use the nl80211 driver with the brcmfmac driver
driver=nl80211
# This is the name of the network
ssid=WARP-AP
# Use the 2.4GHz band
hw_mode=g
# Use channel 6
channel=6
# Enable 802.11n
ieee80211n=1
# Enable WMM
wmm_enabled=1
# Enable 40MHz channels with 20ns guard interval
ht_capab=[HT40][SHORT-GI-20][DSSS_CCK-40]
# Accept all MAC addresses
macaddr_acl=0
# Use WPA authentication
auth_algs=1
# Require clients to know the network name
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
# Use WPA2
wpa=2
# Use a pre-shared key
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
# The network passphrase
wpa_passphrase=warptest123
# Use AES, instead of TKIP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP

root@warp:/# hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf
rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
Failed to create interface mon.wlan0: -95 (Operation not supported)
wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 00:37:6d:16:8b:22 and ssid "Warp-AP"
random: Only 8/20 bytes of strong random data available from /dev/random
random: Not enough entropy pool available for secure operations
WPA: Not enough entropy in random pool for secure operations - update keys later when the first stats
brcmfmac: brcmf_add_if: ERROR: netdev:wlan0 already exists
brcmfmac: brcmf_add_if: ignore IF event
wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan0: AP-ENABLED
wlan0: STA 70:50:af:b7:19:92 IEEE 802.11: disassociated

What could be the problem ?
Can you please help me on this ?

diego....@kynetics.com

Dec 20, 2017, 5:31:52 AM12/20/17
to >warpx.io
Hi Titus,

I'm sorry but we haven't tested warpx_0x01 in AP mode.
I think that on paper the BCM4330 is capable of doing that, but we haven't tested the firmware and the procedure.

Bests,
Diego