ums command doesnt work

Romsub

Jun 5, 2017, 10:31:14 AM6/5/17
to >warpx.io
Hi,

I have a Warp board connected through the interposer and I am trying to update the kernel image.

In uboot prompt, when I type the following command, it never returns.

$ ums 0 mmc 0
UMS: LUN 0, dev 0, hwpart 0, sector 0x0, count 0x748000

The command keeps running but never returns. fatls is able to list the files in the mmc.

$ fatls mmc 0

4 file(s), 1 dir(s)

7455416 zimage
1138   boot
…..

We have been using the WiFi/ssh to transfer new images into the MMC device so far but the latest patch has corrupted the WiFi. So we are looking for other ways to copy files into the mmc. Is there any other method we can use ?

Cheers
Rams

Diego Rondini

Jun 5, 2017, 10:46:23 AM6/5/17
to wa...@googlegroups.com, Romsub
Hi Ramya,

In data lunedì 5 giugno 2017 16:31:14 CEST, Romsub ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Warp board connected through the interposer and I am trying to
> update the kernel image.
>
> In uboot prompt, when I type the following command, it never returns.
>
> $ ums 0 mmc 0
> UMS: LUN 0, dev 0, hwpart 0, sector 0x0, count 0x748000
>
> The command keeps running but never returns. fatls is able to list the
> files in the mmc.
>
> $ fatls mmc 0
>
> 4 file(s), 1 dir(s)
>
> 7455416 zimage
> 1138 boot
> …..

That's correct, the command makes the device act as a USB memory until you
press Ctrl+C to interrupt the command.
Make sure you have both interposer and the warp_0x01 board connected via USB
to the PC before giving the ums command. After a couple of seconds you should
see the 4GB eMMC storage exposed as a USB memory to your PC.

Bests,
Diego

Romsub

Jun 5, 2017, 1:19:38 PM6/5/17
to >warpx.io, ramy...@gmail.com
Thanks for the quick response, Diego. That makes sense to why the command never returns. Also, I didnt have the warp's usb connected to the pc, thats why it didnt work earlier I think.

It works great now, thanks.

Cheers
Rams
Message has been deleted