Connection between tableau and Warp10 OVH

Lhoussaine Aamer

Jun 29, 2020, 6:37:27 AM6/29/20
to Warp 10 users
Hello Experts

Im using a web that connector that i have found in Senx website to connect tableau software and warp10 (OVH Cloud).

This the URL to the blog in Senx :   https://blog.senx.io/connecting-tableau-and-warp-10/

In warp 10 database i have data, i can verify that with my curl command as you can see below :

but when im using the web data connector i get an error that says : unsupported response type .

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Xavier Marin

Jun 29, 2020, 3:57:00 PM6/29/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi, it will not work for two reasons:
- Warp 10 is expecting a POST request on the exec endpoint with a WarpScript as raw body (ie: [ <your token> 'my.series' {} NOW 1 h ] FETCH ->JSON ) and do not pass the token as an auth mode. You could use the Fetch endpoint (ie:  'https://warp.instance/api/v0/fetch?token=<your read token>&selector=~.*\{\}&now=now&timespan=-1')  with a GET request but you miss all the analytics power of WarpScript.
- and the blocking part: https://rdc.codezero.xyz/#/rest-explorer awaits for "Content-Type: application/json" as an HTTP header in the response, but Warp 10 does not provide this header (at least in the current version, maybe in a further release). This Web connector crashes when this header is missing (you can contact the developer to fix it: https://github.com/niranjan94/rest-data-connector/issues).

But, (there is a good news :) ), like the blog post said, there is a workaround : use the HTTP Plugin to deploy a custom macro (which add the missing header). You could contact the OVH-Metrics team to deploy the Warp 10 HTTP plugin and the dedicated macro.

Best regards,

Lhoussaine Aamer

Jul 1, 2020, 4:11:45 AM7/1/20
to Warp 10 users
Thank you Xavier for this answer it helped me. (problem solved) :)