Warp10 Using all CPU cores on node

MaFF

Feb 26, 2020, 5:16:28 AM2/26/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi,

We've been experiencing some issues with Warp10 and/or one of our HBase Region Servers.
We have a 2 node cluster :
- Warp10 2.0.2
- HDP 2.6.5
- HBase 1.1.2
- Kafka 0.8
- Zookeeper 3.4.6

We have installed on node 1:
- HBase master
- HBase RS (with issues)
- Warp10: ingress and store

node2:
- HBase RS
- Warp10 egress and directory

There is enough RAM for all services to run, there is no GC issue and yet HBase RS and Warp10 take 800% CPU.
continuum's regions are mostly on node 1
We ran a major compaction on continuum and it didn't change anything.
HDFS and Zookeeper run just fine.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

MF

Mathias Herberts

Feb 27, 2020, 9:47:13 AM2/27/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi,

what version of Warp 10 are you running?

Also why have you chosen the distributed version rather than the standalone one? It seems your distributed infrastructure is rather limited, a standalone setup would reduce the overall complexity and probably make better use of your resources.

MaFF

Feb 27, 2020, 9:57:04 AM2/27/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We're using warp10 version 2.0.2.
The reason we have a distributed version is because we used to have a more complexe infrastructure with two separate nodes for reading and writing and we basically just kept it the same.

Both warp10 instances have 32GB of memory allocated.
Is it possible that the reason for the increase in CPU usage is that the 32GB is not enough and therefore GC cannot operate properly ?
If so how can I monitor it ? It doesn't seem to be a problem HBase side.

Regards,

Pierre

Feb 27, 2020, 10:11:10 AM2/27/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi,
Could you tell us a bit more about your usage ?
RAM usage depends on the number of series in the database.
You will have all the stats we need with the FINDSTATS function (or with the Explore function of WarpStudio : http://studio.senx.io/#/explore). You need to setup your endpoint in warpstudio and provide a valid token.
What is the size of all data on disk ?

Juste copy paste the estimation results:

Capture d’écran_2020-02-27_16-09-19.png