Protobuf extension exception

Taylor McKinnon

Jul 8, 2020, 6:50:22 PM7/8/20
to Warp 10 users

Hi,

I'm trying to install the newly released Warp10 protobuf extension. I am able to install and configure it, and am able to see it load in the logs, however the first call to PROTOC causes an exception.

warp10_1 | Exception in thread "[Warp Macro Repository (/usr/local/share/warpscript)" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.protobuf.DescriptorProtos$FileDescriptorProto.getDependencyList()Lcom/google/protobuf/ProtocolStringList;

warp10_1 | at io.warp10.ext.protobuf.PROTOC.apply(PROTOC.java:212)

warp10_1 | at io.warp10.script.MemoryWarpScriptStack.exec(MemoryWarpScriptStack.java:873)

warp10_1 | at io.warp10.script.MemoryWarpScriptStack.execMulti(MemoryWarpScriptStack.java:512)

warp10_1 | at io.warp10.script.WarpScriptMacroRepository.loadMacro(WarpScriptMacroRepository.java:485)
warp10_1 | at io.warp10.script.WarpScriptMacroRepository.run(WarpScriptMacroRepository.java:193)

Fabien Tencé

Jul 9, 2020, 8:45:07 AM7/9/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi,

If you installed the extension downloading the jar from https://warpfleet.senx.io/browse/io.warp10/warp10-ext-protobuf and adding it to the classpath, you also need to do that for the 2 dependencies.
If you used the WarpFleet CLI (https://warpfleet.senx.io/doc#cookbook, section retrieve an artifact), the dependencies should have already been pulled and this is another problem.

Taylor McKinnon

Jul 9, 2020, 11:35:47 PM7/9/20
to Warp 10 users
I am currently using a docker image derived from the official warp 10 image where I manually download the deps from maven and install them into the /opt/warp10/lib/ directory. (The Dockerfile for the image can be found here)
I have also tried using warpfleet but received the same error.

Mathias Herberts

Jul 10, 2020, 10:43:08 AM7/10/20
to Warp 10 users
There is an issue with the current version of the WarpFleet cli which does not correctly fetch the dependencies declared in the .pom files.

We have published a version of the Protobuf extension as an uberjar, check version 1.1.0-uberjar, it should solve your issue.

WarpFleet will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Xavier MARIN

Jul 10, 2020, 11:15:28 AM7/10/20
to Warp 10 users
Hi, the WarpFleet CLI is fixed, it manages dependencies.

To update:  npm install -g @senx/warpfleet

Best regards.