Something like Hades with Warp persist?

nino martinez wael

May 31, 2010, 8:39:05 AM5/31/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Im wondering if theres something like hades in plan for Warp? It would
boost my productivity for sure.. As I really like Guice I would love
to see something like it come to warp..

1=http://redmine.synyx.org/projects/hades/wiki/Quickstart

regards Nino

Josh McDonald

May 31, 2010, 11:07:01 PM5/31/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com
Isn't WP already pretty much Hades for Guice?

"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
  -  jo...@joshmcdonald.info
  -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
  -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

Dhanji R. Prasanna

May 31, 2010, 11:51:10 PM5/31/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com
Yea, it looks like they stole our Dynamic finders idea!

=)

Dhanji.

nino martinez wael

Jun 1, 2010, 9:47:12 AM6/1/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com
Well somewhat, however the part Im thinking about are all the
convenience methods (which I can't find any documentation on their
site on, but saw a presentation on this years geecon). Typically for
my projects I need crud methods, Hades provides these methods by
something simple as letting you extend an interface and "typing" it to
your class like this:

//Pseudo
interface PersonRepository extends GenericRepository<Person>

That interface would then type these methods and carry convinience:

interface GenericRepository<T>

public List<T> getPage(Int from, Int count);
... getAll
... find
... delete
etc...

And if you need something custom you just add an interface and provide
an implementation for those methods only:
//Pseudo
interface PersonRepository extends GenericRepository<Person>, CustomPersonRepo

As I see it's a small addition to warp. But would be very helpful.I
could probably also do it as a non warp project, based on warp as an
extension. How are the 2.0 Guice Warp coming along?

-regards Nino

Dhanji R. Prasanna

Jun 1, 2010, 1:02:45 PM6/1/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Wilson
We talked about this awhile ago. Not sure why those discussions stalled, something to do with differences between hibernate and JPA maybe.

Warp-persist is in Guice trunk now, but a very different looking beast. Jesse and I redesigned it and are still working through the kinks. For example, multimodules will no longer be done via an annotation but using child injectors. The API is also much more compact. Watch the google-guice-dev list for updates =)

Dhanji.

nino martinez wael

Jun 1, 2010, 1:21:00 PM6/1/10
to warp...@googlegroups.com
writing inline...

2010/6/1 Dhanji R. Prasanna <dha...@gmail.com>:

> We talked about this awhile ago. Not sure why those discussions stalled,
> something to do with differences between hibernate and JPA maybe.

Hmm I see, anyhow it should be done.. I might start tinkering with something.

> Warp-persist is in Guice trunk now, but a very different looking beast.
> Jesse and I redesigned it and are still working through the kinks. For
> example, multimodules will no longer be done via an annotation but using
> child injectors. The API is also much more compact. Watch the
> google-guice-dev list for updates =)

I'll start checking the dev list. How stable is it. Would it be better
to use the one from guice trunk than the old dist of warp for guice 2
from 2009?